Do you have a CBRNe background and interesting to join the QCBRNA? Email us your detailed CV!
- A -
- C -
- D -
- E - Eid Adolph
- F -
- G - Galatas Ioannis
- H -
- I -
- J -
- L -
- N -
- O -
- P - Polster Claus
- Q -
- R -
- S - S Mostafa
- T -
- U -
- V -
- W -
- X -
- Y- Yaugen Ryzhykau
- Z- Zidouni Faiza
Ioannis Galatas Brigadier General (ret’d) MD, MSc, MC (Army)
, is a retired military physician with +35 years of military industry experience (Army Medical Corps).
He is specialized in Allergy and Clinical Immunology (Board certified) and for more than two decades he served as Head of the Department of Allergy & Clinical Immunology at Army General Hospital of Athens, Greece.
Since 2001 he has been involved in CBRNE operations as planner and instructor trained (including live agent training) in a number of countries abroad.
During the 2004 Athens’ Olympic Games, he served as Commandant of the Olympic Hospital CBRN Response Unit – the only hospital-based specialized unit (70 people) deployed for the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
He holds a MSc. Degree (with merits) on “International Terrorism, Organized Crime and Global Security” from Coventry University, UK (2010) and he is a PhD candidate (Athens Medical School/Dept. of Forensics & Toxicology). His last appointment (as of August 2010), was as Head of the Department of Asymmetric Threats at the Intelligence Analysis Branch, Joint Military Intelligence Service of the Hellenic National Defense General Staff in Athens. After retirement, he conducted CBRNE classes for Abu Dhabi Police Authority (UAE) and continues to participate as invited speaker in many CBRNE/security conferences, congresses, and workshops around the globe.
Currently, he is the Editor-in-Chief of the monthly online “C2BRNE Diary” (former “CBRNE Terrorism Newsletter”) initiated in November 2005 and delivered free to CBRNE-CT First Responders of more than 80 countries around the globe. He is also a CBRNE Senior Research Associate at the "Center for Security Studies" (KEMEA), Athens, Greece (think tank under the Ministry of Interior) with special focus to disaster/terrorism related EU research projects. As of January 2015, he is member of the Didactical Board of University of Rome "Tor Vergata" delivering classes for its two "International CBRNe Masters" programs and a CBRN consultant for the Emergency Department of the Gemelli Policlinico, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome (Italy).
As of July 2016, he is the Manager of the CBRN Knowledge Center at the International CBNE Institute (Charleroi, Belgium). In addition, he is the Director of Operations & Training at the Qatar CBRN Academy (as of October 2018).
Accomplished and results-driven Project Manager with over 30 years of extensive experience in the CBRN industry with proven success overseeing all phases of multimillion-dollar projects and successful completion through effective management and team collaboration.
Expertise in both cost management and field operations to manage co-workers and equipment while strictly adhering to time schedule programs, safety Cost, Value Engineering and quality standards.
Proficient communicator and motivator with a proven ability to deliver high-quality customer service, interface with various departments and consistently meet objectives.
- Managing for over 30 years training courses, field exercises and negotiations on CBRN related subjects.
- Developing policies, plans, SOPs, and WIs related to prevention, response, mitigation and recovery of CBRN events throughout the world.
- Working in the past 20 years with over 190 countries all over the world as project manager of CBRN related projects.
- Capacity building for countries, municipalities and organizations against CBRN.
- Training of first responders for municipalities and for high risk industries.
- Conducting training courses at operational, tactical and strategic levels.
- Implementation of business continuity management plans (BCM).
Professor of ERM
Degree in Environmental Engineering, Director of the Centre for Security Studies - CUFS and Professor of "Environmental Risk Management" at the State University of the Republic of San Marino.
Scientific Director of the Second Level Master Degree "Systems and Electronic Technologies for Security, Defence and Intelligence".
Professor of "Action Planning for Homeland Security” and Head of the Research Area “Security” at the Department of Electronic Engineering - University of Rome "Tor Vergata".
PhD in Nuclear Engineering
A dedicated lecturer eager to share my experience and knowledge in the industry and education field.
Offer a proven track record of teaching performance and methodology with good sense of simplification.
Have a great passion for education and an unwavering commitment to maximizing student achievement.
Have ability to deal with any job requiring multidisciplinary approach due to 25 years of work in different fields.
Lecturer developing nine modules within seven years in different universities of Algeria.
Have more than 8 years operating in nuclear research reactor and experienced 12 years in shielding,
radiation and safety analysis laboratory. Achieve 6 Master student supervisions.
Two PhD students are still under supervision.
Have 12 publications in internationals journals of engineering and participate up to 27 conferences and scientific event.
Participate in four national and international projects.
Have good knowledge in CFD and MCNP computational software for practical industrial applications.
Possess excellent communication skills in Arabic, English and French.
Nuclear Security Professional
- 10 years of experience instructing customs officers in Radiation Safety, X-ray operations and image interpretation.
- 7 years of experience instructing Radiation Detection Techniques and Nuclear Security for various stakeholders.
and law enforcement agencies locally and worldwide (Lebanon, Cambodia, Sudan, Belarus, Qatar and China).
- 5 years freelancer Consultant / Lecturer in various IAEA ( International Atomic Energy Agency) workshops and training
- Excellent interpersonal communication/presentation skills in English, French and Arabic
1. Lebanese Red Cross Disaster Management Sector (2014 - )
CBRN Chief Instructor, Emergency medical technician, Dispatcher – Emergency Hotline 140
2. Professional Translator (Arabic, French, English, Spanish, Russian)
3. Courses in Law, Lebanese University, Faculty of Law Jal el dib (2011 – 2014)
4. Consultant for emergency plans for companies, industries, banks, etc.
serves as Associate Professor at the University of Defence, Military Academy, Department of Military Chemical Engineering, in Belgrad, Serbia.
Main activities and responsibilities:
1. Education of military cadets and civilian students (Bachelor Degree, Master Degree and PhD courses):
- Engineering in materials science;
- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive protection;
- Technology of chemical, biological and radiological decontamination;
- Prevention and dealing with accidental situations.
2. Realization of laboratory and field activities for students with modern CBRNe equipment;
3. Realization of training in gas chambers:
- Proper use of respiratory protection devices in combination with irritant agents;
4. Developing curriculum for all activities of CBRNe program;
5. International cooperation with the Czech Armed Forces NBC Defense Institute in Vyskov,
Nanomembrane s.r.o. Company and Fibertex Nonwovens, a.s.in Svitavy (completed several joint projects/studies on novel protective
materials and chemical resistance testing methods).
6. Expert cooperation with University in Belgrade Faculty of chemistry (Chair of Organic Chemistry), Faculty of
physics (Laboratory for Physics and Technology of Plasma), Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic
Engineering and Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences;
7. Realization of training activities (as Instructor) at the annual OPCW basic and advanced courses in the CBRN
Training Center in Krusevac (Serbia).
Registered Health Visitor
is a registered Health Visitor, and obtained I and II level Masters in “protection against CBRNe events” as well as “CBRN Security Manager” post-graduate study at the University of Lodz. She attended several courses on CWA, BWA and CBRN in general: FASTNET school, I-RAPTER basic course, NATO Biological Warfare Defense Awareness Course and Chemical Live Agent Training; she also attended a course on Civil-Military Cooperation. Currently she obtained a scholarship at the University of Eastern Piedmont (UPO).
From the medical side she attended MRMI as a student and demos on MCIs and she is an Instructor for the “Stop The Bleed” campaign.For the EDEN project demonstration C7 she was responsible for the hospital staff training, for the tools integration and she was one of the exercise supervisors. She is now working on ENCIRCLE, NO-FEAR and INCLUDING projects. She has had different teaching experiences (Mass Casualties, RN medical issues, in-Hospital decontamination, ...) both in English and Italian.
1. Registered Health Visitor in Italy.
2. Two Master’s degrees in Protection Against CBRNe events. Post-graduate study as CBRN Security Manager.
3. In 2016 responsible for hospital staff training for CBRN in a large Hospital in Rome.
4. "Stop The Bleed" course Instructor.
5. Involved in several EU projects and member of Advisory Board and Stakeholder Board of different projects.
6. Teaching experience both in English and Italian
1- Free-lance instructor :
- Of safety personnel and managers in Iranian Oil and Mining Industries in NFPA standards
- Instructor for Hot Zone Solutions b.V (NL). and St. Barbara Foundation
2- Senior Project Manager, Hazard Control Engineering GmbH, Soltau, Germany (2012-2015)
- Development of new business areas of the Hazard Control, particularly training of specialized first responders on detection,transport and disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Organization and oversight of training including occupational health and safety
- Management of existing projects, particularly of chemical weapons disarmament in Japan, Russia and Iraq
- Development of studies on hazards from Depleted Uranium and “yellow cake” in Libya
- Co-ordination with the GEKA Munster
- Coordinator and contact person for relevant organizations and offices (BAFA, Auswärtiges Amt, OCPW, etc.)
- Member of the WHO ad-hoc experts group for the treatment of contaminated patients in Syria Training of Syrian
doctors in the use of IPE, Beirut
- Training of German Firefighters and EOD
- Acquisition of new customers
- Acquisition of new projects related to chemical weapons disarmament
- Support and deputizing of the CEO
3-OPCW Safety Officer Chemical Weapons (1998-2005) / Senior Safety Officer (2005-2010) Centre for
Development Policy and Research, School for Oriental and African Studies, University of London, United
Kingdom,Associate Research Officer, (1997) Nationale Volksarmee (East German National People’s Army),
Officer Chemical Corps (1980-1989)
- Platoon leader NBC Defense Platoon,
- Company commander, Decontamination Company, NBC Reconnaissance Company
- Senior NBC Defense Officer, Tank Regiment HQ
Last rank: Captain
Associate Researcher and PhD Student
1- Has studied Pedagogy of Primary Education in Patras University (BS) in 2014 and completed a Master of Science in e-Learning from the University of Piraeus in 2017.
2- She is a PhD student in the field of adult education with Artificial Intelligence and game-based elements in
e-Learning environments. Also, she is a certified adult trainer.
3- She is an Associate Researcher at the Center for Security Science (KEMEA)/Hellenic Ministry of Citizen Protection since December 2017.
4- Her research interests include the development of training curricula, the design and development of e-learning platforms/courses (e.g. Moodle), the entire planning, designing, carrying out of physical training and the evaluation procedure.
5- She speaks English (mother tongue), Greek, Italian, Spanish and French.
Political Scientist, International Relations, Ph.D. of Law School
Prof. Mary Bossis
1- Political Scientist, International Relations, Ph.D. of Law School (Democritus University of Thrace).
2- Participation with articles and extracts in many publications concerning international relations,
international security, national and international terrorism.
3- Expert matter analyst in daily and periodical political and scientific press and Greek TV channels.
4- Lecturer at the School of National Security and the School of National Defense (Greece).
5- Active Professor of International Security at the University of Piraeus
(Department of International & European Studies).
6- Author of the following books:
- Greece and Terrorism – National and International Dimensions (1996)
- Matters of Security in the “New World Order” (1999)
- On Defining Terrorism (2000)
- Anti- Terrorism Legislation. Greece and International Environment (2005)
- Sea Piracy – Terrorism (2012)
- ‘International Security in the post-Cold War World. The Arab Spring’ and the case of Syria. (2015)
- Views of International Security (2018)
Prof Peter E. Tarlow
Peter E. Tarlow
World-renowned speaker and expert specializing in such areas as: the impact of crime and terrorism on the tourism industry, event and tourism risk management, and economic development.
1- Tarlow earned his Ph.D. in sociology from Texas A&M University. He also holds degrees in history, in Spanish and Hebrew literatures, and in psychotherapy. Since 1990, Tarlow has been teaching courses on tourism, crime & terrorism to police forces and security and tourism professionals throughout the world.
2- In 1999, the US Customs service asked Tarlow to work with its agents in the area of customer service, cultural awareness, and custom’s impact on the tourism and visitor industry. In 2000 Tarlow, due to interagency cooperation on the part of the Bureau of Reclamation, helped to prepare security and FBI agents for the Salt Lake City 2002 Winter Games. 3- Tarlow lectures on current and future trends in the tourism industry, rural tourism economic development, the gaming industry, issues of crime and terrorism, the role of police departments in urban economic development, and international trade.
4- Tarlow has also worked with other US government and international agencies such as the US Park Service at the Statue of Liberty, The Smithsonian’s Institution’s Office of Protection Services, Philadelphia’s Independence Hall and Liberty Bell and New York’s Empire State Building. He has also worked with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the United Nation’s WTO (World Tourism Organization), the Center for Disease Control (Atlanta, Triangle Series).
5- Tarlow is a well-known author in the field of tourism security. He is a contributing author to multiple books on tourism security, and has published numerous academic and applied research articles regarding issues of security including articles published in The Futurist, the Journal of Travel Research and Security Management. In 1999 Tarlow co-edited “War, Terrorism, and Tourism.” a special edition of the Journal of Travel Research. In 2002 Tarlow published Event Risk Management and Safety (John Wiley & Sons). Tarlow also writes and speaks for major organizations such as the Organization of US State Dams, and The International Association of Event Managers.
6- Tarlow has appeared on National televised programs such as Dateline: NBC and on CNBC and is a regular guest on radio stations around the US. Tarlow organizes conferences around the world dealing with visitor safety and security issues and with the economic importance of tourism and tourism marketing. He also works with numerous cities, states, and foreign governments to improve their tourism products and to train their tourism security professionals.
7- Tarlow is a founder and president of Tourism & More Inc. (T&M). He is a past president and a former executive director of the Texas Chapter of the Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA).
LtCol ZARARSIZ Bünyamin (OF-4) CBRN Defense Officer
was born in Ankara in 1972. Upon graduation from
19 May University of Education Faculty in 1997, he joined the Turkish Armed Forces.
Graduating from the five week CBRN defense officer course at Turkish Armed Forces CBRN Training Center in Istanbul, he was appointed as a CBRN decontamination and protection instructor in 2010 in TAF CBRN Training Center in Istanbul.
He served as a decontamination and protection instructor more than two years. After that he was appointed to Turkish Air Force HQ as a Air Force CBRN Defense Officer in 2013.
He is responsible for NATO CBRN STANAGS, NATO CBRN TACAVEL elimination, CBRN logistics, CBRN Defense equipment project, CBRN training and all NATO CBRN meetings as a head of delegation of TurAF.
LtCol ZARARSIZ who has a master’s degree in Plan and Programing Of Education and speaks English also has got additional education and certificates
ÖZDEMİR Taner (Ret.Col.)
-Graduated from Maltepe Military High School(1986), Military Academy(1990), Field Artillery and Missile School Officer Basic Training Course(1991)
-Worked in various posts in as Platoon Leader and Company Commander Between 1991-2005(Lt.-Cpt.),
-Served as “Institutions and Foundations Project Officer” in “Foundation and Association Branch (Turkish Armed Forces Assistance and Pension Fund (OYAK), Turkish Armed Forces Foundation, The Machinery and Chemical Industry Instution (MKEK) in Turkish General Staff(TGS)(Major).
- Worked in the Plan and Operation Department in Turkish Land Forces as the Chief of Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) Section in 2009-2010.
- Served as the leader of the Civil-Military Cooperation Team in the Provincial Reconstruction Team which is located in Mezar-ı Sharif (Afghanistan) in 2010.
-Appointed as Battalion Commander to the Artillery Battalion, also acted as Chief of the Procurement Commission for one year in between 2010-2012(Lt.Col.). -Appointed to Combat Laboratory as the Chief of Concept Section in the Artillery and Missile School in August 2012(Col.).
- Appointed to the National Military Academy of Afghanistan (NMAA) (Kabul) as the adviser of NMAA Commander and head of committee of the 15 advisers of Turkish Armed Forces during 2013-2014(Col.). -Appointed as the Chief of Training Support Department in the Artillery and Missile School in September 2015(Col.).
-Retired in 2018 from the rank Colonel from the Land Forces as a Force Development Department Chief in Force Development and Organization Division which is dealing with projects.
-Have been working in Nero Industry Inc. as “Military Adviser, Military Projects Coordinator and Security Coordinator” since 2018.(Fire Suppression Extinguishing Systems, Power Systems, CBRN Systems, Laser Warning systems)
* Communications with government agencies, Ministry of Defence, Undersecretariat For Defense Industries and Turkish Armed Forces,
* Got Facility Security Clearance, Production License, Establishment License, Personal Security Clearance of Factory, Approved Supplier Certificate, Strategic Cooperation Agreement between MOD Naval Coastal Shipyards and company about Fire Suppression and Extinguishing Systems and CBRN Systems, adopted the NATO stock numbers to the products.
- Expert Targetting and shooting course, 06-08 August 1993
- Teachers’ Training Course , Polatlı, 01 February 1993
- Combat Physical Training Course, Ankara, 12 April-21 May 1993
- Cooperative Lantern ’98, NATO Exercise (Officer in charge in Press Information Center), Balatonkenese-HUNGRY, 27 April -16 May 1998
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Cadre Course (Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Field Artillery School Fortsill-Oklahoma-USA, 17 August-24 September 1998 (Grade:98 (Distinguished Honoured Graduate))
- FMS Army Tactical Missile System (ATACAMS) Logistics Maintenance New Equipment Training Course 15-16 December 1998
- Dynamic Mix 2000 NATO JCSE Exercise, 26 May-02 June
- Translator in Exercise of Battalion Task Force Live Fire Exercise, Ş.URFA, 06-07 June 2002.
- Land Operational English Course (NATO), Turkish Partnership For Peace Training Center, 06-17 February 2006
- Creative Thinking, Solving Problems and Decision Techniques Course, Defence Industry and Technology Training Center Command (Ministry of Defence) 04-05 December 2008 - Tactical Civil Military Cooperation Course (CIMIC)(NATO) Turkish Partnership For Peace Training Center), 12-23 October 2009
- Procurement Course, Land Forces Supply and Finance School, 2010
- Counter-Improvised Explosive Device trainer’s Course (NATO) IJC Headquaters Kabul/Afghanistan, 14 November 2013
- Defence Planning and Logistics Course, Logistics Management School Command Ankara, 26 May-06 June 2014
- “Main Event List, Main Incident List (MEL/MIL)” Scripting Writing Course, TAF Exercise Control Center ANKARA, 08-11 March 2016,
- (Officer in Charge MEL/MIL about Targeting, 02-17 May 2016, Efes 2016 Combined Joined Multinational Exercise (İzmir)(02-17 May 2016), İzmir TURKEY
- Research Trip to Spanish War Collages, 24-29 April 2006, SPAIN
- Research Trip to Egypt War Collages 20-25 April 2008, Cairo, EGYPT
- Eurosatory Expo Paris, FRANCE,10-15 June 2018 (Nero Industries Co.)
- Good command of English.
- Bulgarian Basic Course, Land Forces Language School, 09 September 2002-28 February 2003
WMD and CBRN Expert
Dr. Yaugen Ryzhykau,
PhD, Project Manager of EU CBRN CoE 65 “Strengthening chemical and biological waste management in Central Asia countries and Mongolia for improved security and safety risk mitigation”, since January 2018;
Director, CBRN Protection Training Consulting Technology (TCT) BV, since March 2018;
Former Hotzone Solutions Group (HZS), Senior Consultant/Special and EC/EU Projects, since 2012;
Former UNOPS Technical Adviser to Libyan National Authorities (NA) for the CWC, since 2013;
Former Senior Chemical Demilitarisation Officer, Verification Division, Technical Secretariat, Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), since 1994;
Former Head of Scientific and Technical Analytical Centre of NBC troops of Belarus, since 1993;
Former Senior Researcher and Division Manager of NBC Scientific Research Institute and Testing Ground of the USSR, since 1979.
He graduated with Master of Science (post-graduate diploma) in chemistry and technology of special organic synthesis and also obtained Expert's Certificate on nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) reconnaissance and protection from the Military Academy of NBC Defence in Moscow in 1979. He obtained Ph.D in Technical Science/Physical Chemistry and academic degree of Senior Scientific Fellow in systems for evaluation and testing of arms and military equipment at Supreme Certifying Commission, Council of Ministers of the former USSR.
He served in army for 23 years, including 15 years as a senior military research/managing officer in the NBC R&D Institute of USSR MOD, obtaining unique experience and knowledge in a range of fields related to research, development and testing of weapon systems and military support equipment in laboratory and field conditions, including work with toxic and supper toxic substances functioning as branch head and deputy director of the division of physical-chemical research. His work was also including joint projects with the civil protection/first responses and police regarding any-terrorist measures, hazardous material incidents, CW and CBRN toxic wastes destruction technologies.
In May 1986 he participated in the preliminary investigation of the accident’s after-effects and the implementation of measures to stabilize the exploded Chernobyl reactor. Arrangement and execution of monitoring of exploded reactor’s condition, including sampling, qualitative and quantitative analysis of reactor’s radio-nuclides influences and contamination of surrounding area were his responsibility.
After 1989 he was closely involved and responsible for all methodological and technical aspects of the training of UN inspectors (USSR representatives) including field operation for the investigation of the facts of alleged use of chemical weapons in Iraq/Iran conflict. The Manual for Investigation of Alleged Use of chemical weapons/toxic chemicals was the result of this project on which development he was responsible. All logistical and equipment preparation for the mission to Iran/Iraq border have been done also.
During his work in NBC R&D Institute of USSR MOD he drafted more than 70 scientific publications and 8 inventions/patents. He was also supervisor the post-graduate research projects for 15 military students from Saratov NBC defense institute at that time.
In the OPCW in addition to arrangement and mongering of CW verification, he also developed and participated in all training programs for all groups of OPCW inspectors after the CWC EIF. During his service in the OPCW he was involved in a support and supervising program for 8 interns from the Centre for Non-proliferation Studies (Monterey Institute of International Studies, California, USA).
In HZS he managed and led number of EC projects within EU 7 Frameworks Program.
Through 2014-2020 he participated multiple sessions of training for groups of specialist in CBRN first response from EU, USA, Canada, Middle East, North Africa and African Pacific Facade countries on WMD non-proliferation, multiple topics of CWC/OPCW, Australian Group, UN Resolution 1540, first response to Nuclear Accidents, Strategy of CBRN defense and it elements and others. He also provided HAZMAT, Live CR training at HZS training centers in Serbia, Czech Republic and Chernobyl NPP (Ukraine) for mentioned customers.
In cooperation with HZS and other partners he is leading a few technical and technological development in the areas of radiological safety equipment (miniature α and β individual dosimeters for nuclear industry and combined high sensitive metal/γ detector), CR reconnaissance integrated systems (CBRN sampling and detection drone) and universal mobile water-steam plasma units for destruction of CB toxic wastes.
Metin ÇET Col (ret'd) CBRN Expert
- Between 2006-2008, served as Intelligence and Operation Officer at TAF CBRN School & Training Center.
- In 2007 member of NATO Joint CBRN Capability Group, Officer Primary Responsible for the South Eastern Defence Ministerial CBRN/WMD Seminar and representative of NRF 9 Multinational CBRN Battalion.
- Duty tour in Bosnia-Herzegovina 2000-2001 and in Kosova in 2012.
- Chief CBRN at NATO Rapid Deployeble Corps –TURKEY between 2012-2016 - Experienced team leaderConsultant with a demonstrated history of working in the military.
- Skilled in Team Building, Project Management, Strategic Planning, CBRN, Force Protection, training and exercise (national, multinational, NATO) planning and Operational Planning & coordination of activities.
- Experienced on working in Multi-National environment and NATO concepts, processes.
- Establish own milestones, sets team objevtives and delegates work assignment.
- Infuluence organization, external organizations or agencies and peers within the same specialization.
- Establish effective communication formally or informally wwith the given staffand/or entities.
- Coordinating, commbining of training requirements; then leading and/or facilitating the given training activities.
- Assumed mostly command position duties at platoon to batallion level between 1991-2012.
- Project Manager of CBRN Information System Department at Mavi2016.
- Master of Science Degree in International Affairs from Beykent University.
- Married and father of two sons.